Therapeutic formula. Hydrolyzed Collagen supplements, 5000 mg per dose, with added natural anti-inflammatory elements: Glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin. Natural maple flavour.
Our complete, high quality, therapeutic formula acts in synergy on many levels.
First of all, the anti-inflammatory ingredients (green tea, Devil’s claw), help to reduce inflammation and facilitate the process of reconstruction in the joints. The other ingredients, the Glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin help to soothe joint pain and participate in the construction of articulations.
Finally, the highly hydrolyzed collagen in this supplement contributes to the maintenance of cartilage and healthy joints. It provides the necessary amino acids for the production of new collagen. Our hydrolyzed collagen is sourced from beef that was raised outdoors, pasture fed and is kosher certified.
- Helping to decrease joint pain (arthritis and osteoarthritis).
- Contributing to the maintenance of cartilage and healthy joints.
- Preventing wear of articulations.
- Helping in the creation of conjunctive tissue.
- Helping in the formation of collagen.
- Helping in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth.
- Helping to relieve pain associated with arthritis in the knee.
- Being an antioxidant.
- Promoting healing of cuts and wounds to prevent scarring.
- Children and adolescents (1 to 17 years old): Consult a health care practitioner.
- Adults (18 years and older): 1 tablespoon (15 ml) per day with food.
- Use for at least 5 months to notice the beneficial effects.
Precautions and warnings
Consult a health care practitioner before using this product if you are on a low protein diet or if you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
Consult a health care practitioner before using this product if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not use if the security seal is broken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep refrigerated after opening.
Medicinal (per 15 ml)Hydrolyzed collagen sourced from certified kosher beef that was raised outside, 5000 mg
Glucosamine sulfate (sourced from the exoskeleton of crustaceans), 1500 mg
Bovine chondroitin sulfate, 720 mg
Wintergreen (leaf), 500 mg
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), 500 mg
Devil’s claw (root), 600 mg
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), 30 mg
Magnesium, 20 mg
* This product provides 5 g of protein per dose
Non-MedicinalWater from reverse osmosis, vegetable glycerin, malic acid, natural maple aroma, stevia, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
What is collagen?
Collagen is a structural protein, which means it shapes the organism by contributing to the structure, sort of like glue for tissues. It is also the most abundant protein in the body, representing 80% of of conjunctive tissue weight and forming 30% of all the proteins in the body. Collagen is essential for cohesion, elasticity and the regeneration of tissues.
There are a dozen types of collagen present in the different tissues in the body (bones, cartilage, skin, corneas, tendons, blood vessels, etc.).
Aging is one of the main causes of collagen deficiency. Actually, the production of collagen starts to decrease in our thirties, at a rate of 1 to 1.5 % per year. At this rate, it is 30% less collagen that is being produced by age 50. Considering that metabolism slows with age, the assimilation of collagen from dietary sources will also decrease.
Regarding rheumatoid arthritis, it is the complex immunological mechanisms that directly destroy the collagen in cartilage.
A bit of history
In traditional Chinese Medicine, consuming animal cartilage has been recommended for thousands of years to treat joint problems. Modern dietary habits are mainly responsible for general collagen deficiencies. Nowadays, people rarely eat enough homemade stocks or broths made from meat or chicken, which includes the bones and cartilage. People tend to choose boneless meats or packaged broths.
What is the Land Art’s step process for making collagen ?
1. Pre-treatment to prepare the raw material for extraction and to eliminate impurities that may have negative effects on the final physio-chemical properties.
2. The raw material is prepared for enzyme extraction. Relatively new, the enzyme treatments provide certain advantages compared to alkali treatments; the collagen is more pure and the physical properties are better.
3. Extraction, with hot water to hydrolyze the collagen.
4. Filtration and clarification.
What is the best type of collagen?
There are about a dozen types of collagen (1, 2, etc.). The constitutive amino acid sequence differentiates them from each other.
It is essential to provide a sufficiant and assimilable supply of amino acids. If the collagen is highly hydrolyzed (which means that the amino acids are free), the body will be able to use them in order to synthesize the required collagen.
What are the positive effects of collagen on bones?
A collagen deficiency, as with a lack of calcium or vitamin D, is one of the risk factors of osteoporosis. The efficiency of a 10 mg supplement of hydrolyzed collagen per day on bone metabolism is proven by many studies.
What are the positive effects of collagen on arthritis?
Research shows that the oral absorption of collagen could decrease the intensity of the destructive mechanisms of collagen due to rheumatoid arthritis, and therefore has a favorable effect in the treatment of this disease. (3).
What are the positive effects of collagen for athletes?
The intense practice of a physical activity may cause pain and cause premature wear of joints, particularly when it comes to knees, hips and elbows.
Collagen can contribute to improving movement and reducing pain. It may also have a preventative effect to avoid wear.
What are the positive effects of collagen on the skin?
With age, the decrease of collagen in the skin leads to the appearance of wrinkles. Skin has a tendency to crease because it loses elasticity. This is why we find collagen in many cosmetic products. However, collagen creams do not make wrinkles disappear. Actually, collagen is a molecule that is much too big to reach the dermis from the outside. The creams are mainly used to soften skin because collagen creams a really good, non-greasy moisturizers.