Traditional Milk Thistle extract to protect and support the liver. Preservative free.
Milk Thistle is used in herbal medicine to protect the liver (hepatoprotective agent), to help support the hepatic functions of the liver and to soothe digestive problems (dyspepsia).
Silymarin, the main active element of Milk Thistle, is present only in the fruit. It is made up of three flavonoids: silychristin, silydianin and silybin. Silymarin acts directly on the hepatocytes, making toxins more difficult to absorb, stimulating their elimination and promoting the regeneration of hepatic tissue.
As with other flavonoids, silymarin also has powerful anti-radical properties, thus preventing certain toxic products from damaging the liver.
Interesting fact: silymarin can only be extracted with alcohol. This is why our product contains 35% alcohol that is flavoured with orange oil.
Milk Thistle is generally known for:
- Traditionally being used to protect the liver;
- Helping to support hepatic functions;
- Helping to soothe digestive problems;
- Helping to prevent hangovers.
Dosage and how to use
- Children and adolescents (1 to 17 years): Consult a health care practioner.
- Adults (18 years and older): 2 teaspoons (10 ml) per day.
* May be diluted in a glass of water or juice.
Expiration and conservation
Use for at least 3 weeks to notice the full effects. Preservative free.
- To avoid contaminating the product, do not drink directly from the bottle.
- Use the product within 4 weeks of opening.
- Refrigerate after opening
Precautions and warnings
Exclusively for adults. Consult a health care practitioner before using if you are pregnant. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Do not use if the security seal is broken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Refrigerate after opening.
Known side effects
Hypersensitivity like an allergy may appear for certain people. If this happens, cease using the product.
Medicinal (per 10 ml)
- Milk Thistle, fruit (Sylibum marianum), 3030 mg of dried plant (1:3,3 extract contained in 10 g).
- Water from reverse osmosis, vegetable glycerin, citric acid, alcohol, orange oil. Each 10 ml contains 3,5 ml of alcohol.
* Does not contain dairy products, wheat, gluten, yeast or corn.
For all orders placed before 12pm, we will attempt to deliver your order (or have it ready for pickup if you prefer) the next business day. No orders will be available for shipment or pickup on weekends and holidays. If we cannot source one or more of your items we will contact you to offer alternatives. Store credit or a refund will be applied if you do not wish to take one of our alternative suggestions.
BLUE ICE™ Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend - Non Flavored Capsules