Total Detox is used as a laxative to stimulate the intestines, and as a diuretic acting on the urinary system, as well as a cholagogue and choleritic to stimulate the secretion and the flow of bile.
Land Art’s Total Detox is a mild cure composed of 8 medicinal plants. These botanical extracts stimulate the intestinal, biliary and urinary systems. Total Detox promotes digestion and elimination with its diuretic and laxative actions. This product helps the body to eliminate toxins.
- Relieving short term occasional constipation.
- Facilitating intestinal evacuation.
- Being a diuretic.
- Increasing the flow of bile.
- Helping to stimulate appetite.
- Helping to treat digestive problems (dyspepsia).
- Acting on the urinary system as a chelagogoe and a choleretic.
- Children and adolescents (1 to 17 years old): Consult a health care practitioner.
- Adults (18 years and older): 3 tablespoons (45 ml) once a day.
* Take 2 hours before medications or other health products. A sufficient supply of liquids is required during the treatment. Take only one dose before bed. May be diluted in a glass of water or juice.
Expiration and conservation
Consult a health care practitioner if the product is needed for more than 7 days and if symptoms persist or worsen. For occasional use only.
Do not use if you are allergic to plants in the asteracea family, their components or daisies. Do not use this product if you suffer from a bile duct obstruction, if you have gallstones or any other disease of the gall bladder. Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not use this product if you suffer from abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, from an existing or potential intestinal obstruction, sluggish bowels, appendicitis, an inflammatory disease or ulcerative colitis, abdominal pain of unknown origins, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, sever dehydration with lack of liquids or electrolytes, or diarrhea. Do not use if you suffer from kidney, liver or heart disease, if you take medication for the heart, if you suffer from hypertension or hypotension, diabetes or edema (swollen hands, face or feet), if you are taking medications containing diuretics. Cease using and consult a health care practitioner immediately in case of dizziness, mental confusion, muscle weakness or pain, irregular heartbeat or difficulty breathing.
Take 2 hours before medications or other health products. A sufficient supply of liquids is required during the treatment. Take only one dose before bed.
Precautions and warnings
Consult a health care practitioner of you suffer from fecaloma or if symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever occur. Consult a health care practitioner before using if you take corticosteroids, licorice root or any other medication or health product that might aggravate an imbalance of electrolyte levels. Reduce the dose or cease using if you have abdominal pain, cramps, spasms or diarrhea.
- Do not use if the security seal is broken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep refrigerated after opening.
Known side effects
A hypersensitivity such as an allergy may occur. If this is the case, cease using the product.
- Cascara sagrada, bark (Rhamnus purschiana), 700 mg extract 1:5 140 mg
- Dandelion, root (Taraxacum officinalis), 4,5 g extract 1:5 900 mg
- Burdock, root (Arctium lappa), 1 g extract 1:10 100 mg
- Boldo, leaf (Peumus boldus), 1,5 g extract 1:5 300 mg
- Milk Thistle, fruit (Silybum marianum), 4 g extract 1:5 800 mg
- Aloe (Aloe Vera), gel from the leaves, 200 mg
- Artichoke, leaf (Cynara scolymus L.), 1 g extract 1:10 100 mg
- Indian rhubarb, root (Rheum palmatum), 1 g extract 1:5 200 mg
Land Art's "Puritea blend"
- 1 or 2 tbsp (15-30ml) of Total Detox
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of Green Tea
- 1 cup of hot water.
- Sip in the evening for a smooth detoxification while you sleep. You will be surprised by how good it tastes.
What do the Total Detox assets do?
Milk thistle is used in phytotherapy for the protection of the liver. It also supports the liver functions. The ancient Greeks already knew about the properties of milk thistle to treat liver and biliary problems. Silymarin, extracted in 1968, is considered the active substance responsible for the therapeutic effects of this plant.
Artichoke is used in phytotherapy to help relieve digestive problems and stimulate the secretion of bile. Artichoke has been used for its therapeutic virtues since Antiquity. The active ingredient is cynarin, a substance from the polyphenol family.
Burdock is used in phytotherapy as an alternative to help eliminate toxins through the kidneys, skin and mucous, also as a diuretic. In China, Idia, Europe and North America (Amerindians), burdock is often used as a medicinal plant for all sorts of problems; respiratory infections, joint pain, cancerous tumors, etc. Traditionally, Herbalists used burdock to “purify” the body from impurities that might cause illness.
Boldo is used in phytotherapy to soothe difficult digestion, and to stimulate it. Archeological studies carried out in Chili have shown that culinary and medicinal use of boldo leaves goes as far back as 12 500 years. Nowadays, in Canada, it is one of the 20 most recommended plants by Herbalists and Naturopaths.
Cascara sagrada is used in phytotherapy to facilitate intestinal evacuation. It is the dried bark of the tree from North America that is used to make a traditional extract.
Figwort is used in phytotherapy as a diuretic. It relieves symptoms of chronic skin irritations, eczema, psoriasis and itchiness. Figwort also has beneficial properties with regard to PMS and menopause.