NO Spray FROZEN Gelderman Farms Blueberries 1KG (Available from Mid-July 2018)
Available from Mid-July 2018. Slightly later this year then usual.
These beautiful blueberries are a fantastic healthy treat. Buy in bulk for even better savings.
The bluberries are not sprayed in season or off season. They are not certified organic, but Gelderman Farm's follows organic practice for the growth, cultivation and picking of these fruits. They have been machine picked, then hand sorted on the farm.
Quality FROZEN Blueberries
- Organic based principles
Canada GAP Certified: (Good Agricultural Practices)
- Certified by 3rd party audit food safety program
- No herbicides
- No pesticides
Only sprays approved for organic production
- Used only if/when necessary, and as minimal as possible
- Sawdust is placed around the base of the bushes
- Hand weeding, weed eaters and lawnmowers only
- Trained falcons
- Cannon Free – Blueberries raised in peace and quiet.
- No bird scare devices used.
- After harvesting, all berries are processed on site through both a soft sorter and color sorter
- Boxed in 5lb boxes to keep from bruising/squishing
Blueberries are one of the most antioxidant rich foods in the world. Antioxidants are necessary for life and are well known to reverse and prevent heart disease and even cancer. The blue color of the berry comes from it's poly phenols which provide most of it's antioxidant properties.
Manganese is a trace mineral necessary for all living organisms. It is crucial in the development of bones as well as metabolizing proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
High in fiber these little gems help keep your cholesterol low which, in turn, keeps your heart healthy. Fiber also aids in the regularity of your digestive system.
One serving of blueberries (about 1 cup) provides 25% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the most common antioxidants and contributes to healthy gums, absorption of iron and healthy capillaries, formation of collagen and a vibrant immune system.